Children curd: the use, composition, selection rules.
Dairy products are needed in the diet of the child, and what they are diverse, the better. We have already talked about the children’s kefir and yogurt, you now need to pay attention to children’s cottage cheese. learn about its use, composition and rules of selection.
Use cheese in baby food:
- This product is rich in potassium salts, sodium, vitamins B12, B2, folic acid, it contains significant quantities in vitamins B6 and PP.
- It contains a protein necessary for the proper growth of body tissues.
- Lactic acid bacteria found in cottage cheese, milk, lactose is converted to lactic acid, which enhances the assimilation of calcium and phosphorus, which are the basis for the structure of bone and teeth.
- Protects against atherosclerosis, strengthens bones and nervous system.
- It incorporates antibacterial substances that help normalize the intestinal microflora.
- It contains milk protein concentrate with a high biological value, and milk fat, also useful for the growing organism.
- Among the key properties of cottage cheese for child – low acidity, thanks to this property, the product does not irritate the intestinal mucosa.
- Digested easier than kefir or yogurt.
How and when to enter the curd in the child’s diet
It is believed that children enter the cottage cheese in the diet should be the kid from the age of 6-8 months (some pediatricians recommend introducing cottage cheese 5 months, but it is best to consult with your doctor), from 1 teaspoon (for the first time give the child no more than half teaspoon curds carefully observe the reaction: there are no lesions, if there are any disorder that does not hurt if the tummy). A portion can be and should be increased – fixed rate for children between the ages of 40 grams of child curds.
It is important that while unused curd-free dyes, fragrances, fillers, additives.
The composition of the children’s cheese
To all the specialized baby food products meet very stringent requirements. Therefore, children’s cottage cheese is made exclusively from fermented milk products, heat treated after fermentation. The basis of this product, generally whole (liquid milk), the components of which do not undergo any change of its natural fat is stored and not less than 2.8%) or normalized (targeted by bringing fundamental properties to normal) milk.
Please note that it is often a part of children’s supplements contain curds or fruit, fruit preparations. On the one hand, it makes the products more attractive taste, on the other hand, doctors against food and flavoring additives curds which uses grudnichok. The ideal children’s cottage cheese – pure, without superfluous ingredients cheese.
If you have opened the package, but the child did not finish it, the product can not give the child more.
Children’s cheese. Selection Rules:
- The product should be called “children’s cottage cheese” or “cottage cheese” and nothing else.
- The packaging should contain advisory information indicating the age from which the product can be used in food.
- Be sure to check the expiration date of manufacture and storage of child curds. If you buy cheese that does not have in its composition additives and preservatives, its shelf life – no more than 2 days at a temperature not higher than 8 degrees.
- When buying children’s cottage pay attention to its fat content. Usually it varies from 3.8 to 10%. Which is better to give your child, decide with the pediatrician. If your child is very active and not overweight, it will suit more fat cottage cheese. If the child is prone to obesity, is inactive, or suffer from diabetes, you should choose a lower-fat cottage cheese. Oh, and if your baby was sick recently, and choose low-fat cottage cheese.
- If a child falls behind in growth and body weight or has a poor appetite, try to choose fruit curd products (no earlier than 1 year), either themselves Fill a clean cheese fruit puree.
- If your child has kidney disease is diagnosed, it is not worth buying cheese, since large content of protein gives a heavy load on the system deducing.
Children curds by hand. Recipes children curd
Prepare cheese for the child in several ways:
1. Bought a children’s yogurt Pour into an enamel vessel and heat in a water bath to about 70-90 ° C. When the mixture forms a thick, fold it in a sieve and rub.
2. Children’s pre-freeze the yogurt, then put in a colander and allow to thaw. When the whey is drained, turn soft curds.
3. Pour the milk into the pan, put on fire and bring to a boil. When the milk begins to rise, remove it from the heat and add the lemon juice (600 ml of milk a tablespoon of lemon juice), stir quickly. Cool the mixture and strain through a sieve. This cheese is recommended to give children from the age of one year.
Cottage cheese cooked with his own hands, it is better to give older children, with approximately 3 years. Prior to that, the optimal age for children to specialized cheese, complying with strict quality standards, which are difficult to keep at home.
In no case do not let children under 3 years old cottage, bought on the market!