Products for children: Children’s Yogurt.
Most recently, it was believed that kids aged 2-3 years old should not eat yogurt. Now the situation has changed – thanks to the emergence of special children yoghurt …
Yogurt – a fermented milk product with a high content of fat-free materials, which are obtained by fermentation of milk Bulgarian bacteria and Streptococcus thermophilus (in other words, the basis of yogurt – leaven). Use of yogurt is that Bulgarian coli – a kind of microorganisms that has high biological activity, accelerating destruction of pathogenic microorganisms and pathogenic bacteria, thereby being a natural antibiotic.
How useful yogurt for the kids?
- Yogurt is an excellent source of protein with high biological value.
- Yogurt contains calcium necessary for the formation and strengthening of bones, as well as for the growth of teeth, and vitamin B2, which is beneficial for the growth of the child’s body.
- Through use of yogurt in the body comes probiotics – substances that stimulate the immune processes and ensure normal digestion in both children and adults.
The composition of children’s yogurt:
- sourdough (consisting of Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus)
depending on the manufacturer, are added various fillers (fresh berries and fruit, and not cake),
- often further enriched yoghurts for children with vitamins Groups B, C and trace elements – iron, zinc, iodine.
- Importantly, the baby may not contain Yogurt synthetic dyes, fragrances, biologically active additives and toxic elements.
Yogurt for children are generally produced without the use of thickeners, however, such a product normally has a liquid consistency and is called a drinking yoghurt. If the thickener is still used, then it act as a safe pectin or starch.
When giving children baby yogurt?
Today, pediatricians believe that the child is under 6 months should receive only breast milk or adapted formula. As they get older the child can drink yogurt and increase the amount of daily consumption.
- What yogurts and the extent to which children may be:
- Specialized baby Yogurt meals may be administered in children over 8 months in a volume of 100 ml per day.
- Yoghurt, not intended for baby food, but “live” (which is obtained by heating the milk to 80 degrees, thereby maintaining the beneficial micro-organisms in the product, without preservatives and dyes), you can give your child starting with 1.5-2 years of up to 150 ml per day.
For children older than 2 years, the number of yogurt can be increased to 150-200 ml.
Please note that the experts do not recommend the use in children’s diet large amounts of yogurt. This is due to the fact that the total amount of dairy products, which includes the addition of yogurt even cottage cheese, yogurt, fermented baked milk, and so on. N., Must not exceed 50% of the total volume “of the dairy ration” of the child.
On the “adult” yogurt may be converted into children 2 years of age (some experts recommend that this threshold be raised to 3 years).
Kids yogurt. Terms of the successful bid
- The product should be called “yoghurt”. If before you a product called “yogurter”, “biogurt”, “yoghurt product” and so on. N., It should be understood that they are not useful microflora and have a nutritional value.
- Try to choose plain yogurt. Natural fruit yoghurt may be stored in only when it is updated with special chemical stabilizers and preservatives. Better to buy plain yogurt and home before drinking mix in a blender with fruit or berries, and immediately give the child.
- For baby less than 2 years old, choose yogurt with a fat content of up to 2.5%, for the child over 2 years old – up to 5%.
- If the packaging of yogurt in the title has the prefix bio-, then on it must display information about the concentration of microorganisms at the end of shelf life. There should be at least 107 CFU (colony forming units) per 1 g of the product.
- If the package indicates that the product can be stored at room temperature, then it does not contain live beneficial microorganisms bioculture.