How to choose the pistachio.
The most beautiful name the pistachio gave the Chinese. They called it “happy nut”, because an open shell resembles a smile. But the smiles and smiles, and we decided to figure out what the nuts in the Moscow supermarkets worthy of the name.
1. Proper pistachio is a clean, opened nuts, with a strong core. Fully formed the core fills more than three-fourths of the cavity of the shell.
2. Pistachios should be moderately hard, have a nutty flavor without mold or rancidity.
3. Pistachio nuts can be fried and salted in the shell. Optimally, if not opened up not more than 5% nuts.
4. The largest size 71-80 of nuts in 100 g, the smallest – from 106 to 113 of the nut 100 g
5. Excess salt is one of the main disadvantages of pistachios. Almost all pistachios sold in packets, where transparent window occupies minimum space. Therefore, to accurately determine the quality of the product can be difficult.
We offer a simple but effective way to understand how much salt pistachios, rubbish and husks. It is enough to place the bag horizontally, and shake well to win. If a lot of salt, you will see it immediately in the window. If the package claimed that pistachios are “salted” salt in this case is only tint, which should not score the natural taste of the product. If “salty” and a lot of salt on the bottom, then most likely to use these nuts in cooking, they will soak in the water.