Apricot and White Chocolate Scones.
Create a coffee shop favorite at home. Scones are simple to make and a delicious treat.
Apricot and White Chocolate Scones
- 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup firm butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 egg
- About 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup white vanilla baking chips, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons apricots for topping. Stir remaining apricots and 1/3 cup vanilla baking chips into crumbly mixture. Stir in egg and just enough half-and-half so dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough lightly 10 times. Pat or roll into 8-inch round on cookie sheet. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; carefully separate wedges.
- Place melted baking chips in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag; pipe small amount of melted chips over scones. Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons apricots. Pipe remaining melted chips over scones. Serve warm or cool.