Aussie Burger Recipe.
In the land that brought us the platypus, is it any surprise that an ordinary burger would evolve into something completely over-the-top? The Aussie burger sets off the patty itself with a sweet, crunchy slice of pineapple and the slightly sharper tang of marinated beets, and tops everything off with a creamy fried egg. It’s an unusual combination, but try just one bite and you’ll be hooked – really! The burger itself is good, but the toppings really put it in a league of its own.
- 2 lbs. ground beef;
- 1 red onion, finely chopped;
- 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 6 slices fresh pineapple;
- 6 eggs;
- 12 slices marinated beets;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, red onion, garlic, egg yolk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form six patties out of the beef mixture.
- Cook the patties on a grill or BBQ for 5 to 6 minutes per side over a medium-high heat.
- Grill the pineapple for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat and fry the eggs.