Avocado, Apple And Chicken Salad Recipe.
Chicken salad is traditionally a very mayo-heavy affair – and there’s nothing wrong with a healthy smear of homemade Paleo mayo! Olive oil and egg yolks are both pretty great for you, and adding that dose of healthy fat to a salad helps your body absorb the nutrients more effectively. But what about people with egg sensitivities? What about people on an autoimmune Paleo protocol that doesn’t allow eggs?
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped;
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped;
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped;
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped;
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced;
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken-avocado mixture.
- Toss gently until everything is well coated.
- Serve as a salad or wrapped in lettuce leaves.