Bacon and mushroom quesadillias recipe.
This gorgeously gooey quesadilla is oozing with melted cheddar, smoked bacon and juicy mushrooms – what more could you want from a breakfast treat? This more-ish dish can even be made on a campfire for extra smokiness.
- 8 smoked bacon rashers
- 200g (7oz) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 150g (7oz) mature Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the bacon rashers on a grill pan and grill for 10 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. Add the mushrooms to the pan for the final 5 minutes of the grilling time and cook until golden.
- Heat 1 tortilla wrap in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 1 minute, then sprinkle over 50g (2oz) grated cheese. Allow the cheese to melt, then top with half the bacon and mushrooms and another 50g (2oz) cheese. Top with another wrap and press down to squash the ingredients together slightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, then flip the quesadilla over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make the second quesadilla. Slice into wedges and serve.
- See more Summer recipes