Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Sausage Bites Recipe.
Crispy bacon wrapped around a juicy bite of sausage – it’s a perfect low-carb appetizer or finger food for a party. And it’s also one of those recipes that’s fun to surprise people with: tell them it’s perfectly compliant with your diet and watch their eyes pop. Use your favorite type of sausage: chorizo if you like it with a little extra spice, or any other flavoring that sounds good with bacon.
- 4 good quality sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces;
- 10 good quality bacon slices;
- 1 cup homemade BBQ sauce;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each sausage piece with a half slice of bacon.
- Secure the bacon around each sausage piece with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on all the bacon-wrapped sausages.
- Place the bacon-wrapped sausage pieces on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush each bite with BBQ sauce.
- Place back in the oven and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.