Baked Ziti Casserole.
Try this easy lasagna-like casserole, complete with creamy ricotta cheese.
Baked Ziti Casserole
- 2 cups uncooked ziti pasta (6 oz)
- 1 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 can Progresso™ (18.5 oz) heart healthy tomato soup with Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Chopped fresh basil leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, pepper and cooked pasta; stir well.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spoon pasta mixture into ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon ricotta cheese mixture on top; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, removing foil last 10 minutes of bake time, until cheese melts and mixture is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with basil.