- April 18, 2016
Prepare for lunch amazing Transcarpathian banosh
Banosh is the national dish of Hutsul cuisine. This is a sort of porridge of maize grain or flour boiled in sour cream with various additives on request hostess: pork rinds, cheese, sheep cheese, mushrooms and herbs.
This dish very easy to prepare, although, like many national food, banosh has its secrets. For example, to interfere with his need a wooden spoon and only clockwise. And it is better to cook in the pot on the fire, in nature, surrounded by the Carpathian mountains.
- 800 ml sour cream home,
- 100 ml of water,
- 200 g cornmeal fine grind,
- 100 g smoked bacon,
- 100 g of brynza,
- 1 bunch greens,
- sugar to taste,
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste.
- For cooking banosh take fat homemade sour cream. Dissolve it with some water, pour in a thick-walled bowl and put it on the fire. Stirring occasionally, bring the cream to a boil.
- Mix cornmeal with salt and sugar and squirt a thin stream into the cream, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon in a clockwise direction.
- Reduce the heat to low and keep stirring and rubbing with a spoon until the surface appears droplets of oil, and the banosh the consistency will not resemble porridge.
- Supplements to cook banosh. For this cheese RUB or cut in small pieces. Grind the herbs.
- Smoked bacon cut in small pieces and fry, stirring, until Golden state in a hot pan.
- Banosh is ready serve on plates, top lay slices of greaves and sprinkle with cheese and herbs, without mixing. Banosh eat hot, collecting cereal, pork rinds and cheese separately.