- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 8 people
- February 3, 2016
It only takes 40 minutes to make this vegetarian side dish made with fresh corn, chopped tomatoes and onions. To save even more time, use Green Giant whole kernel sweet corn.
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn (white, yellow or combination)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Remove husks and silks from ears of corn. Drizzle corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Cool until safe enough to handle. Cut corn kernels from cobs into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate salad until ready to serve.