Beef Tortilla Taco Casserole.
We’re pretty much obsessed with make-ahead meals at Pillsbury, so we created this cheesy Mexican-inspired casserole specifically to be a freezer-friendly dinner. (We’ve even included instructions for baking it straight from the freezer as well as defrosting it first.) So whether you make it for dinner tonight or prep it now for a time-saving freezer meal later, you’re guaranteed delicious results.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 25% less sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 3/4 cups salsa
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen whole kernel sweet corn
- 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and bell pepper strips. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Stir in salsa and corn.
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half; place 6 tortilla halves in bottom of baking dish.
- Top with half of beef mixture (about 3 1/2 cups). Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese and remaining tortilla halves. Top with remaining beef mixture and cheese.
- Spray piece of foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray. Cover baking dish with foil sprayed side down. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To Make Ahead:Wrap foil-covered casserole in double layer of plastic wrap; label and freeze up to 3 months. To thaw and bake:Thaw overnight or until completely thawed in refrigerator. Remove plastic wrap. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is hot (165°F) and cheese is melted. To bake from freezer (no thawing):Heat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes or until center is hot (165°F) and cheese is melted.