Berries in syrup on yoghurt.
Brighten up your breakfast with this healthy yoghurt and berry combination – it tastes delicious over a healthy bowl of muesli.
Berries in syrup on yoghurt
- 2 x 150g punnets mulberries
- 1 x 150g punnet blueberries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 x 500g container creamy premium- blend vanilla yoghurt (Jalna brand)
- Muesli, to serve, if desired
- Combine half the mulberries and blueberries with the icing sugar mixture and orange juice in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the mulberries soften. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Stir the remaining mulberries and blueberries into the mulberry syrup until combined.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk the yoghurt in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Spoon the yoghurt into a 1L (4-cup) capacity rectangular glass dish and smooth the surface.
- Spoon the berries in syrup over the yoghurt and swirl with the spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Serve the berries in syrup on yoghurt with muesli, if desired.