Bone Marrow Recipe.
I suggest you serve it with a light salad with a lemon based vinaigrette to cut through the richness of the marrow. The most popular animal for its marrow is beef because of the big size of its bones, but if you have access to wild game meat like deer, elk or caribou, they’re also excellent choices. Your butcher or local farmer should already make it easy for you since they don’t expect you to start using a saw in your kitchen. They will basically cut it to make 3-inch long pieces.
- 4 three inch long beef marrow bones;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Put the marrow, cut side up in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 15 minutes. It’s ready when it starts to bubble around the edges.
- Simply serve with a simple salad on the side with a small spoon to scoop it off. It might be hard to get it all off because of the porous nature of the bone, but you can use your mouth and apply some old fashioned suction and it’ll do the trick.