Brandied Cranberry Brownie Truffles.
Box mix brownies get an upgrade with brandy and boozy cranberries. They make for perfect brownie truffles! Dunked in a chocolate bath, these decadent bites are full of holiday flavor!
Brandied Cranberry Brownie Truffles
- 1 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 1 - box brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 12 oz. chocolate almond bark
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cranberries and brandy.
- Heat for 30 seconds, stir, then heat for an additional 30 seconds. It should be simmering, if it's not, heat an additional 30 seconds.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. For me, this meant combining the brownie mix, egg, oil, and water.
- Strain the cranberries, reserving the brandy.
- Stir the cranberries and 1 tbsp. brandy into the brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the brownies are cool, crumble them into a large bowl.
- Mix just enough brandy into the brownie crumbs to form a paste, about 1 tbsp.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, and roll into smooth balls.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate almond bark.
- Using a toothpick, dip the brownie truffles into the melted chocolate, returning them to the parchment paper to set.
- Once set, serve and enjoy!