Being a busy Mom coming up with cute, delicious desserts for Easter can sometimes be a daunting task. These semi-homemade Bunny Cupcakes are not only adorable, but they are sure to make everyone jump for joy on Easter!
- Sweets & Treats Boutique Pink Dot Bake Bright Liners
- 1 box of Pillsbury Spring Funfetti Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 lb powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 24 large marshmallows
- pink sugar crystals
- black sugar pearls
- small pink jelly beans
- Spring colors jimmies
- large round piping tip
- large piping bag
- Prepare the cupcake batter according to the directions on the box.
- Line cupcake pan with Sweets & Treats Boutique Bake Bright liners.
- Fill the liners ? full and bake according to box directions.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before decorating.
- Beat together the butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, salt and half the cream and mix until combined.
- Pour the remaining cream in and beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Pour the sugar crystals into a bowl.
- Cut each marshmallow in half from corner to corner. Press the exposed area into the sugar crystals. These marshmallows will be the bunny ears. Set the ears aside in pairs so when you put them on the cupcakes, the ears match.
- Fill the piping bag fitted with the large round tip with frosting.
- Squeeze a dollop of frosting multiReplace" id="1133" data-gr-id="1133">onto the top of each cupcake.
- Press a pair of ears onto the frosting.
- Using the tweezers, place two black sugar pearls on the "face" for eyes. Press a pink jelly bean almost all the way in under the eyes for a nose.
- For accent cupcakes, squeeze a dollop of frosting onto the top of a cupcake. Completely cover the top of each cupcake with Spring colors jimmies.