Winter leaf salad.
Salads work in both summer and winter. This rustic colder-weather mix contains fennel, apple, dill and a honey, mustard and poppy seed dressing.
Winter leaf salad
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 10 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby salted capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 raddichio treviso, cut into thin wedges lengthways
- 2 witlof, cut into thin wedges lengthways
- 1 head curly endive, washed, cut into 10cm lengths
- Juice half the lemon. Peel remaining half and thinly slice widthways. Set aside.
- Place anchovy, capers, lemon juice and oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the raddichio, witlof and endive leaves on a serving platter. Top with the lemon slices and drizzle with anchovy and caper dressing.