Cheesy Southwest Chicken and Rice Casserole.
No chopping, no fuss, just a delicious Dump Dinner.
Cheesy Southwest Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken stock
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Layer rice, black beans, chili powder, stock and chicken breasts in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over all. Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until rice is tender and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove chicken; stir rice and beans. Replace chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Replace foil cover; let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.