Cherry Almond Bread with Cherry Glaze.
This easy quick bread is chock-full of maraschino cherries and almond flavor, and drenched in an unbelievable maraschino cherry-almond glaze!
Cherry Almond Bread with Cherry Glaze
- 2 - 10 oz. jars maraschino cherries
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tsp. almond extract
For Cherry Almond Bread:
For Cherry Glaze:
- Drain the maraschino cherries very well, reserving the juice. Finely chop the cherries.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, egg, and almond extract.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes, before removing bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze:
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, maraschino cherry juice, and almond extract, whisking until smooth.
- Once the bread is cool, drizzle with glaze. Slice and serve!