Chicken Adobo Recipe.
This recipe would be great over cauliflower rice or maybe some fried onions, but you could also use it to quickly dress up some frozen vegetables: the sauce from the chicken really helps add flavor and transform a bag of defrosted broccoli into something you can get excited about eating. If it can make frozen vegetables tasty, you know it has to be good!
- 4 to 5 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cups coconut aminos
- 1 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- A 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 long red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, chilies, bay leaves, honey, onion, and water in a bowl and stir well.
- Season each the chicken wings with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the vinegar mixture and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or longer in the refrigerator.
- Transfer the chicken and liquid to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and simmer over a medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken wings and set aside.
- Simmer the sauce until reduced by half.
- Return the chicken to the pan, stir to combine, and serve.