Ditch the takeaway and opt for a tasty, all-in-one dinner that’s big on flavour, but small on calories.
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 300g skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 aubergine, chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp curry paste (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 300g basmati rice, rinsed in cold water
- 800ml boiling water
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add the sunflower oil to a pan with the onion, cook for 2 minutes, then add the chicken and stir for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, carrot, mushrooms and aubergine, and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the curry paste and sultanas, and mix well.
- Next, add the rice to the vegetables, mixing well. Then, add the boiling water and mix again. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat to low. Cover and cook for 11 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 5 minutes without removing the lid.
- Add the peas, coriander and olive oil to the rice. Mix well and serve.