- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 5 people
- May 20, 2016
Chicken Biscuit Pot Pie.
Pillsbury™ biscuits form the flaky crust of this amazing pot pie featuring chicken and Green Giant™ mixed vegetables – a hearty make-ahead dinner.
Chicken Biscuit Pot Pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (12 oz) chicken gravy
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Jr. Golden Layers™ refrigerated flaky original biscuits
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Crumbled cooked bacon, if desired
- Chopped fresh chives, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center. Add onion; cook until crisp-tender. Stir in mixed vegetables. In medium bowl, mix sour cream, gravy, cornstarch, thyme and pepper until blended. Stir into chicken mixture; cook until hot. Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; arrange over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Garnish with bacon and chives.