Chicken escalope with garlic and parsley sauce.
Jazz up plain chicken with this easy and delicious sauce that’s ready in minutes.
Chicken escalope with garlic and parsley sauce
- 1 large skinless boneless chicken breast (approx 220g)
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 25g fresh parsley, finely chopped
- good pinch pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- Place the chicken breast between pieces of cling film and bash with a mallet/rolling pin to make a flat escalope, approx. 4-5mm thick. Then divide into 2 equal portions.
- Brush the chicken breast pieces with 1 tsp of the oil. Place on a hot frying or griddle pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan heat the remaining tsp oil and add the garlic and leeks and cook for 2 minutes until the onions are soft. Then add the parsley and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water. Stir in the yogurt.
- Put the chicken on a plate and serve with the sauce.