- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 20 mins
- 4 people
- October 21, 2016
Chicken noodle stir fry
Preparing vegetables that are easy for bub’s to handle and eat can be quite the baby led weaning challenge.
Over time and though much trial and error I have discovered a few lovely little tips and tricks that has helped Grace munch away on her fair share of wonderful vegetables.
To start I find the shape of the sliced/chopped vegetable is pretty important; especially at the beginning of the baby led weaning journey when grabbing and holding food is very new to our little ones.
Most vegetables I serve to Grace I chop into large match stick shapes.
- 400 grams hokkien noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 chicken breasts, thickly sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped into large match sticks
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
- 2 large handfuls of snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- Prepare noodles according to packet instructions, set aside.
- Heat non stick fry pan to medium-high heat, add half a tablespoon of sesame oil and chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add half a tablespoon of sesame oil to the fry pan, add the zucchini, broccolini and snow peas and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are golden. Add garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the chicken and noodles and stir to combine.