Chicken Salad with Dried Cranberries
Have I mentioned that I love lunch? I’m sure I have. Maybe a million times. I’ve written about it before, and my close friends are probably tired of hearing about it. But just to refresh, “special lunchtime” is important to me. (Those quotes are because my husband dubbed it special lunchtime–though I’ve come to like the term more than I want to admit. To him.)
There’s still a fair amount left in the refrigerator, meaning the aforementioned husband can have his own special lunch. He loves chicken salad. And I hate making lunch for anyone else. Even he can manage to put together a sandwich on his own. The words win-win come to mind.
- 4 cups chopped roasted chicken (about the amount from a whole chicken)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken, cranberries, fennel, almonds, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, and pepper in a medium bowl and stir with a fork until well combined. Use in a sandwich or on some mixed greens for a nice lunch salad, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.