Chicken With Spinach And Artichokes Recipe.
Serve the cooked chicken thighs over roasted spaghetti squash “pasta” (or any other Paleo noodles you feel like enjoying), or try it with a roast vegetable side like eggplant or zucchini. It would also be tasty with some braised collards or other greens, if you’re more of a stovetop person: the 20 minutes of baking gives you plenty of time to pick a quick side and get everything cooked before the chicken is done and ready to enjoy.
- 4 to 6 chicken thighs
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 14 oz. artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chicken and spinach preparation
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Season each chicken thigh with salt and pepper.
- Melt some cooking fat in a Dutch oven over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the Dutch oven and brown for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the artichokes, red onion, yellow onion, and carrots to the skillet.
- Cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally,
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook for another minute.
- Return the chicken to the Dutch oven and pour in the stock.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.