- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 6 people
- February 4, 2016
Chicken-Vegetable Soup with Dumplings.
Mmm, dumplings. Even Mom couldn’t make this heartwarming soup better—or easier!
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 2/3 cups Green Giant™ frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients except Bisquick mix and milk to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix and milk with fork until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 18 teaspoonfuls onto boiling soup. If dumplings sink into soup, carefully bring them to top of broth using slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer.