Chocolate-Coconut Bites Recipe.
These decadent chocolate bites are completely dairy-free, but still smooth and creamy thanks to all the coconut oil, and they’re easy to tweak exactly to your tastes. They’d be the perfect low-carb Halloween treat: with just 2 tablespoons of sweetener for the whole batch, the calories in this recipe come out to 79% fat, 18% carbs, and 3% protein. And most of that fat is coming from coconut oil, which is a very ketogenic fat if you’re interested in ketosis as a dietary goal.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted;
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa powder;
- 2 tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup;
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract;
- Your choice of toppings (nuts, dried fruit, etc.)
- Sea salt;
- In a bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with the melted coconut oil until smooth.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, whisk until smooth, and season with a pinch of salt.
- Pour the liquid into your favorite candy mold, and add the topping of your choice.
- Place in a freezer, and freeze for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer a few of minutes before serving.