Citrus cake with candied fruit.
Lenten cakes can be extremely delicious and airy, despite the fact that the recipes must not contain eggs or dairy products. The dough rises because of the baking powder falls into the acidic environment of fruit juice − Apple, orange, cherry.
- 200 g flour,
- 100 g sugar,
- 100 ml of vegetable oil,
- 1-2 orange,
- 1 lime,
- 100 g of candied fruit,
- 100 g of raisins,
- 1 teaspoon soda,
- a pinch of salt.
- Raisins wash and Sapari boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Take off with lime zest. Oranges and squeezed lime juice to make about 1 Cup.
- Sugar, salt and vegetable oil RUB into a homogeneous mass. Add citrus juice.
- Mix the sifted flour with baking soda. Gradually add in the flour mixture and knead homogeneous dough. Add raisins, candied fruit and peel.
- The muffin molds grease with vegetable oil, sprinkle with flour and pour them in the batter by about 2/3. Send the muffins in a preheated 180°C oven. Lenten cakes will be ready in about 40-45 minutes.