Creamy Spinach Tuna Casserole.
An old-fashioned favorite updated with cheesy crescent pinwheels and spinach.
Creamy Spinach Tuna Casserole
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (8 oz)
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Vegetable Classics creamy mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 can (12 oz) solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat soup and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in cooked noodles, tuna, spinach, milk and lemon peel; heat until bubbly. Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Unroll dough; firmly press perforations to seal. Sprinkle dough with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Starting at short side, roll up dough; pinch seam to seal. Using serrated knife, cut roll into 8 slices. Place slices, cut side up, on top of tuna mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and dough is deep golden brown.