- Preparation time
- 310 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- February 12, 2016
Domestic goddess chocolate mousse.
This decadent chocolate mousse dessert is Valli Little’s ode to Nigella Lawson.
Domestic goddess chocolate mousse
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 300ml thickened cream, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- Salted caramel sauce, to serve
- Store-bought meringue, crushed, to serve
- Chocolate, shaved, to serve
- Place milk and dark chocolates in separate bowls set over pans of simmering water (don’t let bowls touch water), stirring until melted. Cool slightly, then whisk two egg yolks into each bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Beat cream to soft peaks with electric beaters. In a separate bowl, beat eggwhites to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold the cream in equal portions into chocolate mixtures, when smooth fold in eggwhites. Divide between two containers. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Using a tablespoon dipped in warm water, place spoonfuls of dark and milk chocolate mousse onto serving plates. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce, top with crushed meringue, honeycomb and shaved chocolate to serve.