Easy Enfrijoladas Bake.
Say En-free-ho-la-dahs–delicious Mexican comfort food that is similar to enchiladas, except the beans are on the outside in a creamy bean sauce.
Easy Enfrijoladas Bake
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (any variety)
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inches)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In blender, add beans, chiles and salsa. Cover; blend 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth. Pour bean sauce into 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Using tongs, dip both sides of tortilla into sauce. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese in center; fold in half, then in half again. Repeat with remaining tortillas, overlapping in dish. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Serve with Make it FRESH toppings.