Farmers Market Spring Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Salads are not just healthy, they are also very pretty and we can’t wait to make a Farmers Market Spring Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette with our fresh greens.
This salad is proof that you don’t always have to have a plan.
Sometimes the best dishes are created on the fly, without intention or strategy. If you just let intuition take over.
Ingredients don’t always lend you inspiration right off the bat. They reveal themselves in good time. I think this salad captures the essence of summer — bright and fresh, lazy and satisfying.
- 3 Tbsp Organic Olive Oil
- ?2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Agave Syrup
- Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Green Onions - Finely sliced
- ? bunch of Broccoli Rabe - discard stem and chop the leaves and tops
- 1 or 2 Baby Golden Beets - thinly shaved
- 1 Butter Lettuce - leaves washed and torn into large chunks
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas - shell the larger pods
- In a large salad bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and agave. Season with Himalayan salt and black pepper.
- Add the sliced green onions, broccoli rabe tops and chopped leaves and the thinly sliced raw beets to the salad bowl and toss well with the dressing. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add butter lettuce leaves and the sugar snap peas and loose peas just before serving and toss all well together.