Flavorful Swedish Meatballs.
A delicious mixture of ground beef and pork make these moist meatballs the perfect addition to any gravy, stew, or pasta dish. Enjoy them prepared in a creamy gravy or freeze and use them later to accent pasta, soups, and stews.
- Beef (ground beef) 900 g
- Pork (ground pork) 450 g
- Chicken egg 2
- Tomato sauce (ketchup) 60 ml
- Dry bread crumbs 120 g
- Dried parsley 2 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tablespoons
- Onion powder 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Ground red pepper 0.5 teaspoon
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 -in. balls (about 6 dozen).
- Place in a single layer in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pans. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often.
- Cool. Place about 35 meatballs each into freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen Swedish meatballs:Completely thaw in the refrigerator. In a large skillet, prepare gravy according to package directions. Add meatballs; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Serve over noodles.