Fruit Banana Split Recipe.
This Paleo adaptation of a banana split adds some interest and fun to a plate of fruit for dessert, and it’s easy to tweak so it’s exactly to your tastes. Customize the base recipe with any kind of fruit and nuts you like: you could go with berries or pick another fruit and just cut it to the right size. The same goes for the nuts; pick your favorite mix and don’t be afraid to experiment (for convenience, you can often find slivered or chopped nuts in the baking aisle).
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup nuts of your choice, roasted and chopped
- Fresh fruits, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup water
- Combine the honey and water in a saucepan placed over a medium heat.
- Stir in the blueberries and strawberries and stir until well mixed.
- Bring to a boil; then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce in a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Arrange each sliced banana on a plate and top with fresh fruits of your choice.
- Drizzle the blueberry and strawberry sauce all over the banana, and sprinkle with roasted nuts.