- Preparation time
- 50 mins
- Cooking time
- 100 mins
- 8 people
- February 4, 2016
Garden Vegetable Lasagna.
In search of an easy meatless dish? Try this lighter lasagna with creamy ricotta blended with fresh and frozen vegetables and prepared sauce.
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups Green Giant™ Frozen Broccoli Cuts
- 1 1/2 cups (about 4 oz.) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (26 to 28-oz.) jar chunky vegetable tomato pasta sauce
- 8 oz. (2 cups) shredded 6-cheese Italian cheese blend
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Drain; place in cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, broccoli, mushrooms and bell pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. If necessary, cut broccoli into smaller pieces.
- Beat egg in small bowl with wire whisk. Add ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning; mix well.
- Drain cooled lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Top with 4 noodles, overlapping as necessary, half of ricotta mixture, half of cooked vegetables, half of remaining pasta sauce (about 2 1/4 cups) and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles.
- Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly. If cheese is getting too brown, cover baking dish loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.