Gingered Beef Salad Recipe.
A bright, gingery vinaigrette balances out the rich steak and crunchy vegetables in this quick and simple salad that puts a new twist on a classic stir-fry combo. Pan-frying the beef and broccoli right in the dressing ensures that the flavor sinks all the way in, and then tossing the results with the cold salad greens, sharp onion slices, and crunchy peppers brings out the flavors even more with an exciting contrast of textures and temperatures. If you want to impress your friends with your sophisticated cooking skills, this is definitely a salad to consider.
- 1 lb. beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips;
- 2/3 cup ginger vinaigrette salad dressing; (recipe below)
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into florets;
- 8 cups mixed spring or baby salad greens;
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced;
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced;
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced;
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. lime juice;
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette, season to taste, and whisk well.
- In a skillet placed over a medium-high heat, warm up 2 tbsp. of the ginger vinaigrette.
- Add the broccoli to the warm vinaigrette and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook another 3 minutes, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, bell pepper, onion, beef and broccoli.
- Drizzle the salad with the remaining vinaigrette, toss, and serve.