Gluten-Free Tofu Caesar Salads.
This cool spin on the traditional Caesar is not just lighter—it’s also a chic, youthful and fun way to get your protein and veggies.
Gluten-Free Tofu Caesar Salads
- 8 oz soft silken tofu, drained in fine mesh strainer
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free white miso
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 12 oz firm tofu, drained thoroughly, patted dry, cut into 3/4x1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, ribs removed, torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups)
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, ends removed, cut in half then in thin strips (using vegetable peeler)
- 2 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- In blender, place Dressing ingredients. Cover; blend on high speed until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add firm tofu; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add salt; toss to coat. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, place lettuce and cucumber. Add 1 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.* Divide among 8 serving plates; top with firm tofu and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.