Grilled Asian Tuna Steaks.
With seafood as delicately flavored as tuna, it only takes a splash of soy sauce plus garlic and green onion to create mealtime magic.
Grilled Asian Tuna Steaks
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 (8-oz.) tuna steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- In 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, combine all ingredients except tuna steaks; mix well. Add tuna; turn to coat. Let stand while grill is heating.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. When grill is heated, remove tuna from soy sauce mixture; reserve mixture. Place tuna on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cover grill; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and is opaque in center, turning once and brushing frequently with soy sauce mixture.
- Bring any remaining soy sauce mixture to a boil in small saucepan. Serve tuna with warm soy sauce mixture.