Grilled Chicken Garden Salad.
Asparagus in abundance? Here’s a deliciously different way to use it.
Grilled Chicken Garden Salad
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 to 5 oz each)
- 1 bag (5 oz) ready-to-eat spring mix salad greens
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup refrigerated reduced-fat honey Dijon dressing
- Snap or cut off tough ends of asparagus spears; place spears in shallow glass dish. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate until grilling time.
- In small bowl, mix remaining oil, the garlic, rosemary and seasoned salt. Rub both sides of each chicken breast with oil mixture; place in another shallow dish. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook chicken 15 to 20 minutes, turning once or twice and adding asparagus after 7 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Cook asparagus 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. In large bowl, toss asparagus, salad greens, tomatoes and onion. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Cut chicken into strips; serve over salad.