Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Orange Dressing.
Spinach salad turns into a special entree with the addition of grilled chicken, fresh fruit and a warm orange-flavored dressing.
Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad with Orange Dressing
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. prewashed fresh spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded slightly to flatten
- 1/4 teaspoon black and red pepper blend or black pepper
- 6 slices orange, halved
- 1 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- GRILL DIRECTIONS: Heat grill. Place spinach in large bowl. In small saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, orange peel, salt and shallots; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour over spinach; toss to combine. Divide evenly onto 4 individual dinner plates.
- When ready to grill, lightly sprinkle 1 side of each chicken breast half with 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper blend. Place chicken, peppered side down, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 5 minutes. Lightly sprinkle chicken with remaining pepper blend; turn chicken. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
- Slice chicken breasts crosswise into slices; do not separate slices. Fan chicken slices; arrange 1 breast half on spinach mixture on each plate. Arrange halved orange slices and strawberries around chicken.