Grilled Margarita Steaks.
Looking for a beef dinner? Then check out these grilled steaks flavored with tequila, jalapeño chiles, citrus and cilantro – a scrumptious meal.
Grilled Margarita Steaks
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 fresh jalape?o chiles, seeded, chopped
- 2 (10 to 12-oz.) beef T-bone steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- In shallow glass baking dish, combine all ingredients except steaks; mix well. Add steaks; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours to marinate, turning steaks once.
- Heat grill. When ready to grill, remove steaks from marinade; reserve marinade. Place steaks on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until steaks are of desired doneness, turning once and brushing occasionally with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.