Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe.
If you’re not huge on fries, here’s a tasty substitute that treats sweet potatoes more like any other vegetable that you grill – get those delicious charred grill marks, with some spicy flavor from chili-infused ghee, but without feeling like you’re eating fries. And like other grilled vegetables, they’re super-easy to just toss on alongside your protein and then take off at the same time; there’s no extra cooking-related clean-up.
- 4 big sweet potatoes, sliced;
- 2 green onions, sliced;
- 1 tbsp. chili powder;
- 4 oz. melted ghee or other fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper;
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- In a bowl, combine the melted fat with the chilli powder, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the sliced potatoes in the bowl with the melted fat, making sure they are well coated.
- Place the sliced potatoes on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle the green onions on top.
- Optionally, top with fresh fruit before serving.