Jump-start your weekend with a decadent pancake breakfast inspired by a classic Southern cake.
- 2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Additional pecans and banana slices, as desired
- Place Bisquick™ mix in large bowl. In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, pineapple, banana and cinnamon with whisk. Fold mixture into Bisquick™ until combined. Fold in pecans.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat (grease if necessary), and pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls on hot surface, turning after bubbles form across surface. When golden and puffed, remove from skillet to serving platter.
- In medium bowl, beat Icing ingredients, adding enough milk to make it pourable.
- Serve stacks of 2 or 3 pancakes drizzled with icing and topped with toppings.