- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 9 people
- February 13, 2016
Heart-shaped scones with a touch of baked-in berry preserves. It’s a great recipe for kids helping in the kitchen.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons strawberry or raspberry preserves
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400?F. Grease cookie sheet.
- Beat egg slightly in medium bowl. Stir in milk, applesauce, butter and almond extract. Stir in remaining ingredients except preserves and powdered sugar just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Pat into heart shapes about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch high, using fingers dusted with flour. Make shallow well in center of each heart, using back of spoon dipped into flour. Place 1/2 teaspoon of the preserves in each well.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm. Serve warm.