Italian Chicken Sausage and White Bean Stew
This quick and healthy gluten-free Italian chicken sausage and white bean stew one pot meal will give you rich earthy taste of comfort and plenty of time to enjoy the day.
Quick and healthy Italian chicken sausage and white bean stew one-pot meal will give you rich earthy taste of comfort and plenty of time to enjoy the day.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Thick Slice of Natural Bacon - roughly chopped
- 4 Natural Smoked Chicken Sausage
- 1 Small Onion - finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 6 Vine-ripe Tomatoes - quartered
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper - freshly ground
- 5 Fresh Basil Leaves or 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider or Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley - roughly chopped
- In a heavy pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Fry the bacon in the hot oil until crisp and with a thong transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the sausage to the same pan and sear for about 2 to 3 minutes or until nice brown on all sides. Transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for a few minutes, then slice into ? inch thick pieces.
- In the meantime, add onions to the pan and saut? until golden brown. Stir in the garlic and continue to saute for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the rinsed white beans. Season with cumin, Himalayan salt, pepper, herbs and stir well.
- Pour in chicken broth then add and vinegar.
- Return half of the bacon bits and sliced chicken sausage to the pan and give a good stir. Cover the pot and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crispy bacon and with a sprinkle of parsley over the top.