Italian Hasselback Chicken Breasts.
Kids will love chicken stuffed with meat and cheese. The recipe is impressive, but comes together in a cinch!
Italian Hasselback Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato-pesto sauce
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 10 slices salami, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat bottom of 11x7- or 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon from 1 cup sun-dried tomato-pesto sauce.
- Arrange 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms in single layer in bottom of dish. Coat mushrooms with some of remaining sauce.
- In tops of 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, make slices from top to almost bottom and 3/4-inch apart to form pockets; be sure not to cut all the way through. Spread 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce over each chicken breast half, making sure to also coat inside of pockets.
- Fill pockets with strips cut from 4 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese and 10 slices salami, chopped. Place chicken over mushrooms in dish. Coat tops of chicken with remaining sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into chicken (not into filling) reads 165°F.