Jerk-Style Chicken Wings Recipe.
Fresh mango and just a little bit of honey add some sweetness to the spicy jerk seasoning on these wings. Jerk seasoning originally comes from the Caribbean, so it goes really well with the tropical fruit and a dash of lime juice for some extra flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings and/or drumsticks;
- 1/2 onion, chopped;
- 1 mango, sliced and cubed;
- 1/4 cup lime juice;
- 2/3 cup orange juice;
- 1 tbsp. raw honey;
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground allspice;
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne;
- 1 tsp. ginger;
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon;
- 1/2 tsp. paprika;
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg;
- 1 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and mango until tender and soft. Add the spices and cook for another minute.
- In a blender, combine the onion-mango mixture, orange juice, honey, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pulse until you get a smooth sauce (add more orange juice if it comes out too thick).
- Marinate the chicken wings for 4 to 8 hours in the mango jerk sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Place chicken wings on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Bring the remaining marinade to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Baste the wings with the remaining warm marinade.
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side before serving.