Lemon Chicken Primavera.
Love fettuccine? This Italian dinner recipe featuring chicken, carrots and a citrus twist is ready in just 25 minutes!
Lemon Chicken Primavera
- 12 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (9 oz) frozen grilled or cooked chicken breast strips
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 1/3 oz)
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds or until softened. Stir in chicken, asparagus, carrots and lemon-pepper seasoning. Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth; stir remaining broth into chicken mixture. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly heated and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In small bowl, blend reserved 1/4 cup broth and the cornstarch until smooth. Add to skillet; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in basil and lemon peel. Spoon chicken mixture over fettuccine; toss to coat. Sprinkle cheese over individual servings.