Nothing beats the tantalizing aroma of marinated chicken on the grill! Try this version that’s fresh as can be with lemon, garlic and spices.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- Grated fresh peel from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic-pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb)
- In 1-gallon resealable heavy-duty plastic food-storage bag, mix all ingredients except chicken. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat with marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours, turning bag occasionally, to marinate.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place chicken, skin sides up, on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover grill; cook 20 to 40 minutes longer, turning occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and drumsticks).